Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Over the last year in the Eastern part of the city of Louisville, and Southern Indiana we have had torrential rain and flooding along the Ohio River. SERVPRO of East Louisville has responded to many claims involving water and flooding in homes and businesses along the river. We have conducted big jobs such as the Louisville Boat Club which it took 2 crews and 2 weeks to get completely dried and restored ready for construction put back. We also helped many families in their homes in Cardinal Harbour, Juniper Beach, and up and around Indian Hills. This area gets affected usually about 1 time of year depending on rainfall and depth of the river. SERVPRO is always ready and able to assist this area at an instance.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (502) 244-7985
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.