Be Prepared for Disaster
As our country has been faced with the recent flooding in Texas with Hurricane Harvey and now in Florida with Hurricane Irma SERVPRO of East Louisville feels that we should prepare for the effects we are sure to feel locally in our state. Here is a list of things you should be prepared for ahead of time.
- First of all, you should recognize the flood risk in your area by identifying the flood prone areas around you.
- You should know your communities warning signals, evacuation routes and emergency shelter locations.
- During storms that cause flooding stay tuned to the local weather stations.
- You should have emergency supplies ready ahead of time.
- Before evacuation, you should be sure to turn off the electric, gas, and water.
- If you decide to stay in your homes be sure to unplug appliances and electronics so that if the water reaches the outlets you can avoid electrical shock and fire.
- One of the most important things you need to remember, is NEVER to walk or drive through high water. People forget how easy it is for moving water to sweep people and cars away.
Safety is the first priority. After the storm, remember that SERVPRO is here to help you get your life back in order.