Do You Have Your Disaster Preparedness Kit Ready?
When preparing for a storm, it is important to make sure that you have an emergency supply kit on hand. We all know that a supply of non-perishable food and drinking water are essential, but do you know what else should be included in your kit? SERVPRO of East Louisville is prepared to help you pick up the pieces after the storm. We want you to be prepared to weather the storm and recovery. In addition to food and water, your disaster readiness kit should include the following items:
- Battery powered or hand-cranked radio
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Manual can opener
- Cell phone with battery backups
- Important documents (like birth certificates, social security cards)
- Prescription Medications
If you choose to weather the storm, it is important that you have all necessary items to get you through until help arrives. As part of the network of SERVPRO storm teams, we are always ready to set out as soon as possible to help those affected. We are ready and we want to make sure you are too!