Commercial Water Loss
Do you know what the process looks like to get your business back to normal after a water loss?
Although it is not something most people ever consider, water damage can happen, and it can cause considerable damage if not treated promptly. If you find a pool of water in your building, you will need to take immediate action to minimize damage to your property. As a business owner Louisville, you may want to hire a professional remediation company to clean up the mess. Here are several things that must happen to get your business back to normal.
1. Stop the Flow of Water The most important thing you can do to minimize the damage is to stop the flow of water. You can do this by shutting off the main water valve.
2. Extract the Water Now that you have stopped the water flow, you can see how much water there is left to clean up. If it is only a little, you may be able to use a towel or mop to clean up the moisture. However, if it is more than a little, you may need to hire a professional remediation company to extract the water using specialized equipment.
3. Determine the Extent of the Water Damage Water can easily seep between cracks and into porous surfaces. This can lead to problems in drywall, subfloors, and other materials. A moisture meter can be used to identify water inside these areas.
4. Remove Unsalvageable Items There may be some objects that have sustained enough water damage that they will need to be replaced. These items can be identified and removed before the drying process begins.
5. Dry the Area It is important to dry out the area as quickly as possible so that mold does not have a chance to form. Professional drying equipment can be used to speed up this process.
If something like this ever does happen and you do need professional help, don't wait to give SERVPRO of East Louisville a call. We will make it "Like it never even happened."